Adam Bearden 379-5100
RUDD MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND
Mr. Brandenburg's Teacher Profile Page
Rudd Middle School Band Facebook Page
Pinson Valley High School Band Page
Gasdsen Music Company Page
The Rudd Middle School Band Program is designed to:
- Provide each student with a comprehensive music education, while teaching the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed as a young musician and as a young adult.
- Benefit the school and community through public performances of quality music, while promoting and enhancing the dignity and reputation of Rudd Middle School.
- Foster the development of essential character traits to include a strong work ethic, personal integrity, a commitment to excellence, and respect for self and others.
- Provide each student with a positive emotional outlet, a good social experience, and a worthy use of leisure time
8th Grade Band is comprised primarily of eighth graders and continues to emphasize the fundamentals of playing wind and percussion instruments as well as music reading. Band students will perform for pep rallies,Rudd homecoming football game, holiday concert,MPA assessment, spring trip& contest,spring concert and other events as need during the school year. Students in8th grade Band are encouraged to participate in different honor bands around our area and will also have the opportunity to compete in Solo and Ensemble festival each spring.
7th Grade Band is comprised primarily of seventh and eighth grade students and continues to emphasize the fundamentals of playing wind and percussion instruments as well as music reading.Bandstudents will perform for pPep rallies, Rudd home football games, holiday concert,MPA assessment, spring trip & contest,spring concert and other events. Students inIntermediate Band are encouraged to participate in different honor bands around our area and will also have the opportunity to compete in Solo and Ensemble festival each spring.
Beginning Bandis comprised primarily, but not limited to sixthgrade students.Beginning Band focuses on the fundamentals of playing wind and percussion instruments as well as music reading. Beginning band students will perform a mini-concertforthe holiday season and a spring concert. Students are also encouraged to compete in Solo and Ensemble festival each spring.
REASONS TO BE IN THE BAND
- Arts education leads to cognitive skills development. (Think better!)
- Arts education increases interest in academic learning. (School is more interesting!)
- The study of music produces the development of academic achievement skills. (School is easier!)
- High School music students have been shown to hold higher grade point averages than non-musicians in the same school. (Higher GPA!)
- There is a strong relationship between high self-perception, high cognitive competence scores and general self-esteem and interest in school music programs. (Be confident in what you can do!)
- Students with coursework/experience in music performance scored higher on the SAT -- 57 points higher on the verbal and 41 points higher on the math portions of the test. (Score better in standardized testing!)
- Students who participate in All-State Band ensembles consistently score over 200 points higher on the SAT than non-music students. (Pursue excellence in music while EXCELLING academically!)
- Disciplinary problems are reduced among students that participate in arts programs. (Stay out of trouble!)
- Learning to play a musical instrument helps students to develop faster physically, mentally, emotionally and socially. (Be the Best!)