Residence Verification

Residency Verification
Posted on 06/01/2017

Residence Verification Requirements and FAQ's

Single Party Residence

Current Lease or Deed
2 Current Utility Bills (Power, Water or Gas)
Parent/Guardian Picture ID

2nd Party Residency (Any person unable to produce residence documentation, as listed above, may prove residence as instructed below)

Take the following information to the SCHOOL you are zoned for to get your principals checklist.  Once you have your checklist, you will come to the BOE to complete the affidavit process.

Property Owner:
Copy of Lease or Deed - If the property is leased, the parent of the student is required to be added to the lease
2 Current Utility Bills ( Power, Water or Gas)

Parent of Student:
2 Proofs of Residence -(Acceptable items include - Car Insurance, Bank Statement, Medical Bills, Current Pay Stub, Car Tag Receipt, Proof of Medicaid or Health Insurance)

Frequently Asked Questions

If I verified residence last year, do I need to verify again?
Yes. Residence verification is required every year.

Will the documentation I used to verify residence at one of the other schools in the Pinson Feeder Pattern be accepted?
Yes. All residency requirements are the same at all Jefferson County School.

What if I just moved and don't have a utility bill yet?
Call the utility company and have them email or fax a letter saying that service has been turned on in your name.

What if my utility bill hasn't come by the time of registration?
The most current utility bill will be accepted. If you have not received your June bill yet, then the May bill will be accepted. 

Can I register if I don't have all documentation?
Yes. You can register but you will have 10 days to get all documentation submitted before a student is withdrawn.

What if I live with a family member or someone else?
Follow the above directions under second party residency.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.